Banner Missions Support FAQ’s
How does Banner do mission’s funding?
- Main support comes from Faith Promise giving, the faith commitment we make as families to trust God to provide on a weekly or monthly basis through our designated financial gifts. $20,000
- Noisey Offering-this once a month filling of the buckets with our loose change has averaged over $3000 in additional annual suppport.
- Mission Rummage Sales-these semi-annaul events turn all our unwanted household stuff into support cash of over $4000 a year.
How do we decide who gets the money?
- We support missionaries who have familiy ties with Banner
- We support missions where Banner families have gone recently on short term missions teams
- We try to support a wide range of local, national and international missions efforts where Christ is shared and lives are being changed
Who do we support?
- Andrew Holly Haas– Trans World Radio ministries in South Africa greater Africa doing radio ministry and technical training of native radio staff.
- David and Melissa Kline – are working in Macau under UB Missions as teachers and doing youth ministry with high school students in China. They have a daughter, Mia and a son, Brandt.
- Jeff and Jennifer VanderLaan – with Impact Campus Ministries in Atlanta, Georgia. They are working with national and international students helping disciple students in their walk with Christ. They have two children, Josette and Jaron.
- Tony Martinez – an evangelist working with Impact Ministries International in Central America, coordinating community crusades and work teams in Guatemala, Nicaragua and Honduras.
Do we partner with anyone else?
- United Brethren Global Ministries – This ministry covers 48 missionaries working in 17 different countries with partial or full time support. More detailed information can be found at our denominational web sight www.ubmissions.com
- Mel Trotter Ministries – A city of Grand Rapids recovery ministry which houses, feeds and counsels those who are homeless and struggling with substance abuse issues.
- Byron Community Ministries – A local food and clothing pantry with additional counseling services that is supported by over 20 area churches.
- IN Network – A missions orgnaization that works with indigenous church leaders in other countries whose National office is in Zeeland, Michigan. Several Banner families are now sponsoring children in Ghana through IN Network.
What about short term mission trips?
- Banner has sent a number people on short term mission trips – both in the US and outside the country.
- Most of these teams organize from within through BCYM, our youth ministry, or through an interested group of adults.
How can I get involved?
- Praying faithfully for each of these missionaries and ministries.
- Support our biannual food drive for Byron Community Ministries.
- Donate your used stuff to our Mission Rummage Sales.
- Keep saving your spare change for those noisey offering buckets!
- Consider making a Faith Promise pledge for 2011 so we can keep growing our support.
- Consider volunteering to go on a short term mission team.
- We also support a church plant in Michigan imaginethisLLC in Grand Ledge.