Our adult ministries offer a wide variety of settings. We take a three-pronged approach to investing in our adults knowing that each of our schedules is a little different and that we aren’t all looking for the same thing when it comes to growing in our faith. For our adult ministries we offer Sunday School classes & Mid week Small Groups. Each one aims at challenging you in a unique setting. We know you can’t do it all, so pick one or two that fit your schedule and feels right to you and let’s get to some growing!
Our Adult Sunday School classes begin at 11:00 and run until Noon. Sunday School Classes are designed largely to help us connect our faith to life. Think of it as life training, we try to offer classes that aren’t just information, but offer real tools to make us better spouses, parents, employees, teachers, or community leaders. It’s really about developing the skills God has given each of us to do a better job where He’s put us. Some of our recent classes have been about dealing with grief, raising children, deepening our relationships with others, or reasonably discussing hot topics with people who may not agree with us. It’s always lively and always useful. We’d love to have you join us, some of the current classes going on are:
Current Sunday School Classes
- Young Adults – Adulting, Jonathan Pokluda speaks to young adults on the art of “adulting” for Christ. He’ll walk through how to discern God’s will for your life right now and specify how you can best glorify Him through your career, relationships, and commitments. This class will meet in room 106 with the Lakes.
- Young Married – couples will be viewing the Focus on the Family marriage series “Who Did I Really Marry,” followed by lively discussion times. Join Rodriguezes in the room next to the nursery for this class. (Starts September 16, 2018)
- Old Testament Grow – GROW IN HIS WORD is a powerful study aimed at teaching an overview of the Bible. This material uses acrostics and timelines to help put the main people and events in Scripture into their sequence as well as discussing their meaning in the overall message of the Bible. Join the Hookers in room 207 for this foundation class.
- Broken Saviors: Judges – In “Broken Saviors: Judges,” Pastor J.D. Greers looks at Judges, a book with some of the most scandalous and strange stories in the Bible. We’ll see what God can do with the most broken of heroes—and behind every hero, we’ll see a God who remains faithful even when we are faithless. Join the Clays and the Malski’s for this lively discussion class in room 101.
- That The World May Know – Join renowned teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan as he guides you through the lands of the Bible. In each lesson, Vander Laan illuminates the historical, geographical, and cultural context of the sacred Scriptures. Join the Selfes and McPecks for fellowship and lively discussion in room 104/05.
- Women’s Study – Learning to Love the Psalms is a DVD series that provides an overview of the Psalms with the specific goal of gaining a greater understanding and love for these sacred poems through a study of their themes, structure, and beauty. Join Lita Ihle in the library for fellowship and study of the Psalms.
We know that life comes from all angles, and for that reason we encourage everyone to get involved in a Small Group. Small groups at Banner are all about doing life together. It’s our desire that through small groups, each person at Banner would develop a couple of deep friendships to share life’s joys and hardships with. We have a wide variety of small groups meeting, all of which are open to newcomers. Whether you are looking for a Bible Study, prayer group, service group, or couples group, you should be able to find a style that fits your preference. We even have men’s and women’s groups that meet regularly. Because we value developing strong relationships, we also understand that it might take a couple of tries to find the exact match you are looking for. We would love to help you find the right fit, so call the office today, if you are looking to connect!