Our adult ministries offer a wide variety of settings. We take a three-pronged approach to investing in our adults knowing that each of our schedules is a little different and that we aren’t all looking for the same thing when it comes to growing in our faith. For our adult ministries we offer Sunday School classes & Mid week Small Groups. Each one aims at challenging you in a unique setting. We know you can’t do it all, so pick one or two that fit your schedule and feels right to you and let’s get to some growing!
Our Adult Sunday School classes begin at 11:00 and run until Noon. Sunday School Classes are designed largely to help us connect our faith to life. Think of it as life training, we try to offer classes that aren’t just information, but offer real tools to make us better spouses, parents, employees, teachers, or community leaders. It’s really about developing the skills God has given each of us to do a better job where He’s put us. Some of our recent classes have been about dealing with grief, raising children, deepening our relationships with others, or reasonably discussing hot topics with people who may not agree with us. It’s always lively and always useful. We’d love to have you join us, some of the current classes going on are:
Current Sunday School Classes
- 18 to Life is a lively discussion format for post High School young adults. Led by Bryan and Dixie Lake they meet each week in Room 106-107
- Ladies Study meets in the Library and is led by Lita Ihle. This group always has great discussion and plenty of laughter. It is for women of all ages.
- Connections Class is a challenging video discussion class taught by Matt & Kristi McConnell and meets in Room 104-105. This is a group of various adults all looking to better connect with God and with one another. This class is a great one to check out if you are new to Banner
- Family Discipleship Class is a group of couples and single parents who are using video curriculum to help navigate the challenges of family life. They meet in Room 101-103.
- Sermon Conversations is a class facilitated by Fred Schmid and takes questions and passages that were brought up during the morning message and examine and discuss further. The current teaching series is called DiVine Life and is tackling the topics of Fruit of the Spirit with a new focus each month. This class meets in the Office Room across from the Kitchen near the west side entrance.
We know that life comes from all angles, and for that reason we encourage everyone to get involved in a Small Group. Small groups at Banner are all about doing life together. It’s our desire that through small groups, each person at Banner would develop a couple of deep friendships to share life’s joys and hardships with. We have a wide variety of small groups meeting, all of which are open to newcomers. Whether you are looking for a Bible Study, prayer group, service group, or couples group, you should be able to find a style that fits your preference. We even have men’s and women’s groups that meet regularly. Because we value developing strong relationships, we also understand that it might take a couple of tries to find the exact match you are looking for. We would love to help you find the right fit, so call the office today, if you are looking to connect!